Hi, I am a researcher at the National Institutes of Health in the United States and interested in Wikimedia activities related to scientific research, open access, open science and GLAM.
My background is in Biophysics, and my home wiki is the English Wikipedia, though I have been more active on Commons, Wikisource and Wikidata lately.
Sessions I am planning to attend
- 11:00, Community I (Don Diego 4): Submissions/State of Wikimedia Scholarship 2014-2015
- 12:00, Education I (Don Alberto 3): Submissions/Engaging Wikipedia's Natural Ally: How to unlock and amplify the access, knowledge, skills and resources of University and Research Libraries
- 12:00, Tech I (Don Genaro): Submissions/Science Assessment systems & what Wikimedia can learn
- 12:00, Community I (Don Diego 4): Submissions/100wikidays
- 14:00, Tech II (Don Genaro): Submissions/Usage of Digital Object Identifiers across Wikimedia projects
- 14:30, GLAM II (Don Alberto 4): Submissions/The EAGLE Project - a Story of Epigraphy, GLAMs, Linked Data, and Wikibase
- 15:00, GLAM II (Don Alberto 4): Submissions/Wiki Loves Earth: why it is cool and how you can join
- 16:00, Tech III (Don Genaro): Submissions/50 Shades of Wiki: New Tools to Share, Remix and Reuse
- 16:30, GLAM III (Don Alberto 4): Submissions/Sum of all paintings
- 17:00, GLAM III (Don Alberto 4): Submissions/A Gateway Theory – How Edit-a-thons Can Lure Innocent GLAMs into the World of Wiki
- 17:30 (Don Julian) WikiProject Med Foundation meetup
- 9:00, GLAM III (Don Alberto 4): Submissions/"L" for Laboratories and "M" for Microscopes : Redefining GLAM by partnering with a medical school
- 9:30, GLAM III (Don Alberto 4): Submissions/Wikimedian in Residence at UNESCO collaboration workshop
- 9:30, Tech I (Don Alberto 3): Submissions/Video Production Tools and Community in the Wikiverse
- 10:00, GLAM III (Don Alberto 4): Submissions/An Edit A Day: Collaboration with Medical Institutions
- 11:00, Community III (Don Diego 3): Submissions/Ask Us Anything About Wikidata
- 11:30, Tech II (Don Alberto 3): Submissions/Future of structured documents: VisualEditor, Citations and Wikidata, oh my!
- 12:00, GLAM III (Don Alberto 4): Submissions/Ebola Translations: How We Did it & How to Get Involved
- 14:00, Legal II (Don Alberto 4): Submissions/Non-copyright Restrictions on Free Knowledge?
- 14:30, Community II (Don Diego 4): Submissions/Covering the Wikimedia Community
- 14:30, Legal II (Don Alberto 4): Submissions/Re-use of Wiki Loves Monuments photos as a hurdle race
- 15:00, Legal II (Don Alberto 4): Submissions/Free as in Free: Strategies for Advancing Open Access on Wikipedia
- 15:30, Legal III (Don Alberto 4): Submissions/External funding give more than money
- 16:00, Tech III (Don Alberto 3): Submissions/The next million articles in Wikipedia
- 18:00, Business Center, Access to Knowledge meetup
- Design table at Community village
- Abbey Ripstra
- testing mobile editing
Other submissions I was involved in