Submissions/Ask Us Anything About Wikidata
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2015.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Ask Us Anything About Wikidata
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Lydia Pintscher (User:Lydia Pintscher (WMDE))
- E-mail address
- Lydia Pintscher (WMDE)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Germany/Wikidata
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- In this session all your questions about Wikidata will be answered. Editors and the development team will be around to answer your most pressing questions about Wikidata.
- WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- It'd be great if this can be scheduled after Submissions/State of Wikidata - giving more people more access to more knowledge one edit at a time.
Which questions would you like to ask?
- I am approached by many organisations (mainly GLAMs) who are interested in Wikidata. They are intrigued and they would like to know 'what's in it for them' when they would contribute to Wikidata. And also my colleagues at the WMNL chapter are wondering how much energy we should invest in Wikidata, and why. What can I tell them? I'm already saying that Wikidata intends to become a major data source behind Wikipedia. I also tell them that we will need great primary sources and that I expect GLAMs to become an important provider for that. But I'd like to know more. To what extent can I say that Wikidata will become important in the Linked Open Data world? To what extent is Wikidata expected to be used by Google for its knowledge graph? Does contribution of data by GLAMs mean that they will become more 'findable' in Google in the future? Are there other areas in which Wikidata is expected to become important outside the Wikimedia universe? Spinster (talk) 22:55, 13 July 2015 (UTC)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Denny (talk) 19:40, 27 February 2015 (UTC)
- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 12:45, 28 February 2015 (UTC)
- Correogsk or Gustavo (Editrocito or Heme aquí) 19:32, 28 February 2015 (UTC)
- Wowowowowoow Wikidata! Blue Rasberry (talk) 00:54, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
- NavinoEvans (talk) 13:12, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
- CT Cooper · talk 17:27, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
- Ocaasi (talk) 16:34, 2 March 2015 (UTC)
- --Gereon K. (talk) 11:20, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
- Ovedc (talk) 08:45, 12 May 2015 (UTC)
- eranroz (talk) 08:12, 4 July 2015 (UTC)
- Spinster (talk) 22:55, 13 July 2015 (UTC). I listed a question above.
- Panyd (talk) 00:09, 18 July 2015 (UTC)
- Darafsh Kaviyani (Talk) 21:01, 18 July 2015 (UTC)