Submissions/Re-use of Wiki Loves Monuments photos as a hurdle race
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2015.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Re-use of Wiki Loves Monuments photos as a hurdle race
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Sebastian Wallroth
- E-mail address
- Sebastian Wallroth
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- In November 2014 I had the idea to contribute to the exciting Wiki Loves Monuments 2014 contest by translating the winners page on Wikimedia Commons. The first hurlde were missing descriptions for the photos. After spending some time in investigating the photo subjects I wanted to dive more deep into the role of a re-user of free content provided by Wikimedia Commons. I found an online print on demand service for calendars, and the hurdle race begun. After two months of working on the calendar project nearly every evening there are 40 calendars now, available at amazon and other book dealers. I would like to share my experience as a re-user of Free Content und to suggest changes for Wiki Loves Monuments and for Wikimedia Commons.
- Legal & Free Culture
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Add your username here.
- Skyrunner75 (talk) 20:26, 16 February 2015 (UTC)Skyrunner75
- --Touzrimounir (talk) 19:28, 18 February 2015 (UTC)
- Ovedc (talk) 08:51, 12 May 2015 (UTC)
- --アンタナナ 23:26, 22 May 2015 (UTC)
- Poco a poco (talk) 08:53, 12 July 2015 (UTC)
- बिप्लब आनन्द (talk) 16:07, 17 July 2015 (UTC)
- Add your username here