Submissions/Edit2015 - A community-curated Year-in-Review video
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2015.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- #Edit2015, a community curated Year-In-Review video
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- VGrigas (WMF)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Foundation
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
At the end of 2014, I worked with a video editor and a musician to produce a Wikipedia video Year-in-Review that we called #Edit2014. I was interviewed about the process of making the video here. While I and many other people were happy with the final result (and we received a great deal of positive international press exposure), there was still much room for improvement that we just couldn't address due to the deadline we needed to publish the video. So, we said let's publish this one, save our ideas, and use #Edit2014 as a proof-of-concept for the next video. This Wikimania proposal will function to explain the thinking behind #Edit2014 and announce a community-collaboration to pre-produce an #Edit2015, that addresses the issues with and hopefully 'wikifies' the pre-production process, while using professional video editing, music and motion graphics to produce, edit and tell a story about the events of 2015 through the lens of Wikipedia.
- WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
Projector with sound needed
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).