Submissions/Ask the Designers
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2015.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
Ask the Designers
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
Australia, India, Malaysia, Spain, United States
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
This session will provide a venue for community members to have a conversation about design. Members of the Wikimedia Foundation design team will be available to answer the questions of the Wikimania attendees.
As organisations become more aware of the relevance of design to build successful products, it is important in open organisations to discuss the principles and processes with a wider community.
The topics for the session may include:
- Long term vision for Wikimedia project design.
- Details on the design of your favourite project.
- Advice when designing for your wikimedia-related projects.
- How to participate in the design and research processes as a volunteer designer or research participant.
- Any other question you always wanted to ask about design.
This session is intended to better connect the Wikimedia community with the design team in order to make the future on-line collaborations more fluent.
Participants from all backgrounds are welcome: users and contributors of Wikimedia projects, extension/gadget developers, designers, researchers, and anyone with ideas to improve our projects.
This proposal is inspired in the successful series of "Ask the Developers" sessions of former Wikimania editions.
- WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30-45 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
Some members of the design team will be at Wikimania in any case.
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- A setting that invites participation (e.g., not a big auditorium) will be preferred.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).