User talk:CT Cooper
Deletions in userspace
Hi there. Could you explain why you deleted User:Az1568/sandbox without any type of deletion request from me? Typically pages within the userspace aren't subject to the same speedy deletion requirements that you'd see in the main content namespace. It's also best practice to ask before deleting a page within someones userspace, unless something is obviously spam or vandalism, or had been marked for deletion by another user (and you should check why it was marked first). In any case, I'm not particularly tied to anything that was on the page, but just hope that you'd be more careful in the future. :-) Thanks. --Az1568 (talk) 16:26, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
- Hello, this is a small wiki and content can be deleted at the discretion of a patrolling administrator. While more leeway is generally given in the userspace, such content can still be deleted as is deemed appropriate. It appeared to be a test page with no meaningful content related to Wikimania 2015, and so it was appropriate to delete it, hence the reason given in the deletion summary. Worst case scenario is that users can politely ask for pages to be undeleted, and so I have restored it for now. CT Cooper · talk 16:58, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
Hi, there is a problem in translating, there are many pages which I've completely translated them into Persian, but when I check statistics, it shows that some parts haven't been translated yet. How can this be fixed ?
- Hi there. I can see what you mean. I think it's just taking the server a while to update the statistics. Check back in a few days and it should be 100% across the board. CT Cooper · talk 16:45, 5 March 2015 (UTC)
Dear Wikimania Scholarship Committee member,
Due to Scholarships#Phase_1, the first reason applicants may fail in Phase 1 is that The applicant is a 2014 scholarship recipient that did not complete their post-conference report.
And due to this list, some users who had got scholarship for wikimania 2014 and didn't complete their reports, has got scholarship for wikimania 2015, again; while they should have been put aside just at first.
How could this be responded ? They not only have been replaced some others unfairly, but it also shows that selecting process doesn't fulfill as it has mentioned. Hashtablakoo2000 (talk) 09:15, 4 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hello. Phase 1 of the review process was carried by Wikimedia Foundation staff, not the Scholarship Committee. From my understanding, a list of 2014 recipients who didn't complete a post-conference report was created by the WMF and all such applications were filtered out in Phase 1. Please bear in mind that not all post-conference reports are necessarily on Meta. CT Cooper · talk 15:58, 4 May 2015 (UTC)
- @Hashtablakoo2000: The WMF have carried out an investigation and the answer you want is here. CT Cooper · talk 20:18, 1 June 2015 (UTC)
Got it; but when the three new scholars are going to be notified? Because it's about a month and a half before start of Wikimania and it will take some time to get ready for the trip, especially the process of getting visa may take a month. Hashtablakoo2000 (talk) 06:43, 3 June 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, it is rather late, but I believe they are being handed out imminently. CT Cooper · talk 21:45, 3 June 2015 (UTC)
- Hi, thank you and WMF for being so responsible and investigating about the error happened in scholarship decisions. It's been about a month since it was decided to award three more scholarships due to the errors that happened in decisions; but List of scholars hasn't been changed and I couldn't find updates from it anywhere.Is it still in process ? Hashtablakoo2000 (talk) 07:21, 29 June 2015 (UTC)
- I'm afraid I'm not sure what is happening now. @Shouston (WMF): & @EYoung (WMF): Do you know the situation? CT Cooper · talk 13:52, 29 June 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Hashtablakoo2000 and CT Cooper, the three new scholars were notified right after we concluded our investigation into this issue (i.e. in early June). However, list of scholars was only updated recently after those new scholars accepted and registered, to ensure that they could attend (given the late notice). -- Shouston (WMF) (talk) 16:28, 7 July 2015 (UTC)
Request for sysop flag
Ocassionally, I ask for help/assistance of sysops, most recently here. L235 proposed that I ask you for granting me sysop rights. I am already sysop in german Wikipedia with > 35000 more or less useful edits, cf. Special:CentralAuth/Schniggendiller. Regards --Schniggendiller (talk) 13:14, 13 June 2015 (UTC)
- (Sounds like a good idea to me; Schniggendiller has already come to me about the import of templates, etc.) --L235 (talk) enwiki 15:36, 13 June 2015 (UTC)