Submissions/Are we failing our users when they search Wikipedia?
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2015.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
Are we failing our users when they search Wikipedia?
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
We have no idea how well we are serving our users search needs right now. We've had amazing support from our volunteers in building our search infrastructure and recently the WMF has done some specific investments to improve our search technical stack. But, fundamentally we don't have a strong barometer of our search quality. Search is at the core of our discovery experience and I'd like to share some of our high level numbers across languages of how we are doing and then lead a discussion about how to delight and win for our users.
- Technology, Interface & Infrastructure
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 45 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Tomasz is not attending Wikimania, so this presentation will instead by given by Dan Garry and Moiz Syed.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 01:01, 15 February 2015 (UTC)
- Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 02:46, 28 February 2015 (UTC)
- Tar Lócesilion (talk) 02:35, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
- CT Cooper · talk 17:24, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
- Ocaasi (talk) 16:34, 2 March 2015 (UTC)
- Amir E. Aharoni (talk) 14:38, 6 March 2015 (UTC)
- Varnent (talk) 22:07, 8 March 2015 (UTC)
- Marcio De Assis (talk) 15:26, 21 June 2015 (UTC)
- Santhosh.thottingal (talk) 15:41, 18 July 2015 (UTC)
- Taweetham (talk) 16:16, 18 July 2015 (UTC)