Submissions/What can Google do for you?
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2015 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this July.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- What can Google do for you?
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- presentation + discussion
- Author of the submission
- Denny Vrandečić
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Google has supported the Wikimedia projects and communities frequently and in several ways: from the Google Summer of Code to releases of data, and much more. In 2013, I infiltrated Google, and now I will report on some of the things I learned. Many Googlers are avid fans of Wikipedia, and they would like to help the community in achieving its mission - but often Googlers don't know how to best approach the community with ideas, data, and other forms of support.
The session will consist of two parts:
- The first part is a short presentation, in which I will present previous experiences and ongoing initiatives, like the release of data from Freebase to Wikidata (see ).
- The second part will be an open discussion. I will answer questions, gather input, ideas and feedback on what Google can do for the Wikimedia projects and communities, and how these goals can be achieved effectively.
- (not sure which one fits best, feel free to change, it's a wiki)
- WikiCulture & Community
- Technology, Interface & Infrastructure
- Legal & Free Culture
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- not yet
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- LydiaPintscher (talk) 19:41, 27 February 2015 (UTC)
- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 12:55, 28 February 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, let us hear from our spy in Google. Blue Rasberry (talk) 12:55, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
- Brion VIBBER (talk)
- Ijon (talk) 04:46, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
- Santhosh.thottingal (talk) 04:48, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
- Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 05:33, 26 March 2015 (UTC)
- Add your username here.