Submissions/Wikidata Babel workshop
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2015.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Wikidata Babel workshop
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Kvardek du
- E-mail address
- Kvardek du
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Member of Wikimédia France
- Personal homepage or blog
- w:fr:User:Kvardek du
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Wikimania is a very special occasion : hundreds of Wikimedians from very different places and speaking numerous languages are staying together. This is the perfect moment for solving language-related issues concerning the data. There are a lot of concepts which are different depending on the language and are currently not organized in Wikidata (using subclasses, etc.).
Before the workshop, different topics where the conceptual organization is different between the languages will be identified. Attendees will be divided in groups, matching their native languages with the different issues, and following their topics of interest too. They will then discuss the interrelations of the concepts; appropriate equipment will be provided (like pen, post-it, etc. enabling to think together on paper). When attendees will have found a solution (if they find one), they will directly contribute on Wikidata.
The goals of this session are, of course, solve these linguistic issues on Wikidata, but I hope it could also help some wikimedians to reach Wikidata, a project they can sometimes be very far. The basic organization of the website will be explained at the beginning of the workshop.
- WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 or 45 minutes (or a stand ?)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Yes! (if I have a grant, of if I find some money)
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 03:10, 15 February 2015 (UTC)
- NavinoEvans (talk) 23:55, 25 February 2015 (UTC)
- Sannita (talk) 23:12, 27 February 2015 (UTC)
- Add your username here.