Submissions/OTRS - An Introduction
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2015 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this July.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- OTRS - An Introduction
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Presentation with Question/Answer
- Author of the submission
- Matthew Bowker
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- United States
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
OTRS is the email response system, supporting all of the projects of the Wikimedia Foundation. OTRS handles emails related to content, images, and sensitive issues on all projects. Additionally, chapters and special events are able to request queues related to their area of interest. However, OTRS is a "black box," isolated from the community-at-large by privacy concerns. This presentation aims to educate people as to the nature of OTRS and what happens "behind the scenes" during the handling of permissions and other issues.
- WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes to one hour, depending on questions
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Slides forthcoming.
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Varnent (talk) 02:24, 17 February 2015 (UTC)
- Blue Rasberry (talk) 15:05, 17 February 2015 (UTC)
- Taketa (talk) 18:16, 17 February 2015 (UTC)
- I JethroBT (talk) 08:32, 25 February 2015 (UTC)
- CT Cooper · talk 22:01, 2 March 2015 (UTC)
- Add your username here.