Submissions/Machine aided copyright infringement detection
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2015 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this July.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Machine aided copyright infringement detection
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
Canada, Israel, United States
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Last year at Wikimania in London we created a bot that checks all edits to medical articles over a certain size for issues with copyright infringement using the API of Turnitin. It then creates a list of concerns which are followed up by human editors. Many cases of copyright infringement that would have likely remained undetected have been dealt with. Additionally an opportunity to provide feedback regarding problematic edits was provided. This presentation will be a discussion of:
- how the bot works
- ongoing efforts to improve its function
- the possibility of expanding its scope not only to all of the English Wikipedia but also to other languages
We will also touch on those who copy and paste from us without attribution. A prominent example this year was a textbook by the Oxford University Press (specifically content about Ebola).
- Technology, Interface & Infrastructure
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Edward (talk) 15:22, 21 January 2015 (UTC)
- రహ్మానుద్దీన్ (talk) 08:03, 22 January 2015 (UTC)
- Sage (Wiki Ed) (talk) 20:42, 22 January 2015 (UTC)
- Blue Rasberry (talk) 12:56, 3 February 2015 (UTC)
- NickK (talk) 00:20, 16 February 2015 (UTC)
- CT Cooper · talk 21:44, 2 March 2015 (UTC)
- Amir E. Aharoni (talk) 15:00, 6 March 2015 (UTC)