Submissions/La construcción de Wikipedia en español desde el ámbito local
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2015 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this July.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- La construcción de Wikipedia en español desde el ámbito local. Estrategias y tácticas de los wikipedistas mexicanos
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Luis Álvarez Azcárraga (user:Luisalvaz)
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Universidad Autónoma de Aguascalientes, Wikimedia México
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Wikipedia is a participative project, but the participation in Mexico differs from other countries, even in other countries with the same language. The strategies and tactics of the Mexican wikipedians probably wouldn't be accepted in other contexts, and some of the articles that they edit have expanded the first pillar of the project: the relevance of content. There are several articles of buildings, rock bands, writers, artists, districts, etc., that not only expand the knowledge, but as a new form of identity construction. This presentation will analyze some relevant articles about the local context in Mexico, and would try to recognize the diverse strategies to edit and to construct this articles through the netnography or virtual ethnography. This is an investigation under construction, but is a first step to understand how Wikipedia works in Mexico.
- WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).