Submissions/Funding the movement's dreams: How FDC works and help build strong organizations
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2015.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- It's (Not) All About the Money: The Funds Dissemination Committee Unveiled
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
presentation with a panel, including a discussion
- Author of the submission
Matanya Moses (FDC member) & Katy Love (FDC staff member)
- E-mail address
firstname.lastname@example.org & KLove@Wikimedia.org
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
Funds Dissemination Committee, WMF
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
The Funds Dissemination Committee oversees the Annual Plan Grants program that gives out funds to movement organizations working towards the movement's strategic goals. Come meet this unique group of community members, understand their process and learn about how they make decisions. Hear their reflections on the past year and learn about what their vision is for the future. Join the conversation around the FDC's vision and help them understand what support is needed to get there.
- WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 60 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
We would like ability to present slides
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Ocaasi (talk) 17:59, 3 March 2015 (UTC)
- Marcio De Assis (talk) 15:12, 21 June 2015 (UTC)
- Poco a poco (talk) 08:52, 12 July 2015 (UTC)
- --Cornelius Kibelka (WMDE) (talk) 05:20, 13 July 2015 (UTC)
- NickK (talk) 04:58, 17 July 2015 (UTC)
- Add your username here