Submissions/Educating teachers about wikipedia
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2015 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this July.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Wikipedia & Education
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Presentation and discussion
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Usually teachers disagree on using Wikipedia in educational environments, but the reality is that a high percentage of students use it for their studies. Therefore, teachers must be prepared to teach their students how they should use wikipedia as a tool of great educational potential. Teachers must teach at what moment you can use the wikipedia, the assistance it provides, how it works internally and correctly referenced in investigations. We must educate teachers so they can educate students properly.
- Education Outreach
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- AKoval (WMF) (talk) 15:37, 3 February 2015 (UTC)
- Elisa Jarquin (talk) 15:33, 7 February 2015 (UTC)
- Blue Rasberry (talk) 15:37, 19 February 2015 (UTC)
- FKoudijs (WMF) (talk) 04:59, 24 February 2015 (UTC)
- Yarl (talk) 00:24, 28 February 2015 (UTC)
- Correogsk or Gustavo (Editrocito or Heme aquí) 01:06, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
- CT Cooper · talk 17:53, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
- Orderinchaos (talk) 22:28, 2 March 2015 (UTC)
- Add your username here.