Submissions/Dominio Público Sonoro Uruguay and the Swiss Public Domain Project - Two years after Hong Kong
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2015 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this July.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Dominio Público Sonoro Uruguay and the Swiss Public Domain Project - Two years after Hong Kong
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Christoph Zimmermann, Rodrigo Barbano
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Switzerland and Uruguay
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Swiss Foundation Public Domain, supported by Wikimedia CH
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Presentation about the Public Domain Project with the main focus what we achieved since the Wikimania 2013 in Hong Kong.
A lot happened since then and we would like to share our experiences from this time period.
Two years ago, the only working place we had in switzerland was a private basement, now we got sponring for two proper rooms: an office room and a archive room to store and digitize our 78 rpm records.
Our partnership with Wikimedia Switzerland and Germany deepened, in 2014 we got an interesting offer by Wikimedia Switzerland: They would employ two people from Specialsterne, a company supporting and employing Persons with autism syndrome, to support our labor-intensive digitization work. We take care of the two employees and supervise there work and try to give the two autistic a useful and fulfilling work to do.
As a result of our exhibition and presentation in Hong Kong during Wikimania 2013, the public domain project has now a great partnership with a music digitalisation project in Latin America: The Dominio Público Sonoro Uruguay. So the second half will be presented by Rodrigo from this project. He will present the Dominio Público Sonoro in more detail and especially what they achieved in Latin America since 2013 when Rodrigo visited the Wikimania in Hong Kong.
- Legal & Free Culture
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).