Tienen futuro los Artículos destacados y buenos en Wikipedia en español?
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2015 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this July.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- ¿Tienen futuro los Artículos destacados y buenos en Wikipedia en español?
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Santiago Navarro user:Millars
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia España, Wikimedia México, Wikimedia Venezuela
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Providing quality content is one of the main targets of Wikipedia, and then, of wikipedians. One of the most well-know ways to get this quality content is checking articles by other wikipedians, a peer review. This method is used in Featured and Good articles selection since many years ago. Spanish Wikipedia has currently 1070 FA (only 0.09%) and 3006 GA (only 0.26%). The amount of both is near the same than some years ago, and these processes are nowadays in a critic point. I wrote several FA and GA and revised many of them, and I'm an ACAD selected by the community since the new system of discussion was opened.
The selection process for FA has been changed twice to look for more accurate revisions, and after, for more participation. How could we get both? GA system has a better health, but is also in danger. Several activities like "revision days" or giving points in wikicontests for revisions tried to do more attractive this work, but not always with success. FA and GA have been also a source of issues for the community, and caused very strong arguments between wikipedians.
This session wants to provide for the audience a historical review of both systems and to put it into context to start a debate to look for solutions to reactivate both systems, very important for Wikipedia.
Wikimedia Projects in the Spanish speaking countries
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 45 minutes if possible
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
Yes (if my application for scholarship is accepted)
- Slides or further information (optional)
- es:Wikipedia:Artículos destacados
- es:Wikipedia:Administradores de candidaturas a artículo destacado
- es:Wikipedia:Candidatos a artículos destacados
- es:Wikipedia:Revalidación de artículos destacados
- es:Wikipedia:Artículos buenos
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).