WMCON Follow-Up Day
- Continue discussing and developing topics and issues of the Wikimedia Conference 2015
- Thursday, July 16 (one day before Wikimania starts officially)
- from 10:00 until 17:00
- Hotel Fiesta Inn (Av. Juárez 76, Col. Centro, DF)
- That's the Hotel right next to Hilton Mexico City Reforma Hotel, where Wikimania takes place
- Coffee / snacks will be provided
- Which room?
- room C/D
- Whom to contact?
- Cornelius Kibelka, Wikimedia Deutschland, Program and Engagement Coordinator for the Wikimedia Conference
Cornelius Kibelka, the Program and Engagement Coordinator (PEC) for the Wikimedia Conference, invites you to the WMCON Follow-Up Day at Wikimania 2015! It will take place on the 16th of July at the Fiesta Inn Hotel. The day is hosted by Wikimedia Deutschland and designed to be a space for participants of the Wikimedia Conference and other interested people to discuss topics of the Wikimedia Conference and develop them further.
See also our Grant Proposal for the Wikimedia Conference 2015 and the concept of the Program and Engagement Coordinator
The Wikimedia Foundation and Wikimedia Deutschland jointly agreed on WMDE being the host to organize and facilitate the conferences in 2015, 2016 and 2017. Starting in 2015, the conference can be organized with a long-term perspective, specific goals and with proper involvement of all affected parties. For the first time, Wikimedia Deutschland hired a Program & Engagement Coordinator (PEC) whose primary assignment is to support the program development and liaise with the participants and speakers throughout the year. The PEC creates opportunities at subsequent conferences, like Wikimania, in order to move forward with plans, activities, learnings and conversations.
As a follow-up for the Wikimedia Conference, the PEC identified seven major topics (see Documentation & Follow-Up). To follow up these topics, the PEC organises a proper Follow-Up Day at the Wikimania 2015 in Mexico, where WMCON participants and other interested people can join, discuss the topics and develop further steps.
Are you joining us?
For an easier planning, please sign here. We're really looking forward to seeing you!
- --Cornelius Kibelka (WMDE) (talk) 14:55, 26 June 2015 (UTC)
- --Nicole Ebber (WMDE) (talk) 14:57, 26 June 2015 (UTC)
- --Arnaugir (talk) 14:37, 27 June 2015 (UTC)
- --アンタナナ 14:48, 27 June 2015 (UTC)
- Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 16:30, 27 June 2015 (UTC) multiple appointments that day, really like to join Movement Roles Consultation
- --Thelmadatter (talk) 19:09, 27 June 2015 (UTC)
- --Pharos (talk) 19:34, 27 June 2015 (UTC)
- --Raimund Liebert (WMAT) (talk) 08:32, 29 June 2015 (UTC)
- --Claudia.Garad (talk) 15:03, 29 June 2015 (UTC) (other appointments in the morning, I might join in the afternoon)
- --Dsvyas (talk) 21:49, 29 June 2015 (UTC)
- --Dimi z (talk) 14:28, 30 June 2015 (UTC)
- Polimerek (talk) 13:44, 3 July 2015 (UTC)
- The Land (talk) 08:43, 6 July 2015 (UTC)
- John Andersson (WMSE) (talk) 20:39, 7 July 2015 (UTC)
- --Veronika Krämer (WMDE) (talk) 09:59, 8 July 2015 (UTC)
- Lyzzy (talk) 18:41, 8 July 2015 (UTC) Board meeting starts at 12.00, but I would like to join in the morning.
- Blue Rasberry (talk) 11:48, 9 July 2015 (UTC)
- Ijon (talk) 23:05, 9 July 2015 (UTC)
- Tar Lócesilion (queta) 13:55, 10 July 2015 (UTC)
- Anne-Laure WMFr (talk) 14:29, 10 July 2015 (UTC)
- Antony-22 (talk) 02:56, 13 July 2015 (UTC) -- afternoon only
- --Millars (talk) 09:36, 13 July 2015 (UTC) If I could
- Rohini (talk) 10:03, 13 July 2015 (UTC)
- EGalvez (WMF)
- NickK (talk) 09:15, 15 July 2015 (UTC)
- Cyrille WMFr (talk) 15:51, 15 July 2015 (UTC)
- Frans Grijzenhout (Grijz (talk) 22:40, 15 July 2015 (UTC))
- Taweetham (talk) 22:06, 15 July 2015 (UTC)
- Sebastian Sooth (WMDE) (talk) 01:22, 16 July 2015 (UTC)
- --Jagro (talk) 01:52, 16 July 2015 (UTC)
- --Atropine (talk) 04:49, 16 July 2015 (UTC)
- --Ravidreams (talk) 12:15, 16 July 2015 (UTC)
- --StuartPrior (talk) 13:46, 16 July 2015 (UTC) (Ideally come along at 10 and for the Volunteer Strategy session in the afternoon, work allowing)
- --AWossink (talk) 13:58, 16 July 2015 (UTC) Probably be joining for Global advocacy and Partnerships.
- Masti (talk) 17:01, 16 July 2015 (UTC)
- --Metsavend (talk) 18:23, 16 July 2015 (UTC)
- --Maire (talk) 20:33, 16 July 2015 (UTC)
What are the topics to be discussed?
Schedule details and descriptions may still change.
|10:00||Short introduction by Cornelius|
Facilitation: Nicole Ebber
In several sessions (e.g. What could local organizations bring to the movement, Chapters Dialogue, Lila's talk), the definition of roles and division of responsibilities among movement organizations were addressed. Lila asked whether people have an interest in a consultation about the future roles of affiliates and WMF. In the reflections of her talk, people were divided into those who thought this would be necessary and helpful and those who didn’t. In this space, participants can discuss what problem such a consultation could solve and what the best possible results would be.
Facilitation: Raimund Liebert (WMAT), Veronika Krämer (WMDE) and Andres Cruz (WMMX)
The Volunteer Supporters Network was created to help Wikimedia organizations in anything regarding volunteer support. Our aim is to gather as much expertise as possible, sharing experiences, ideas and best practices while recognizing local differences.
We will present our first working paper further discussing our goals, approaches and challenges for the future. We're looking forward to getting opinions to help us strengthen our group to better serve the Wikimedia community.
Facilitation: Dimi Dimitrov
At Wikimania the WMF legal team will kick off the discussion of some core policy areas. At the Wikimedia Conference participants brainstormed and gathered first input on two areas (Copyright and Censorship). You can find the results on Meta.
This space will give time to discuss three other areas (Access to knowledge, Intermediary protection, Privacy & Surveillance).
Facilitation: John Andersson
At the Wikimedia Conference 2015 in Berlin, several organizations felt the need to coordinate the movement's external fundraising efforts. This space should be a start to lay a ground for further collaboration.
Questions to be discussed:
The goal is to outline the playing field and get a better understanding where our different organizations are in the process, and what we can do together in the future.
Please think about these questions in advance and if necessary talk to other important players in your organization about the third question.
Facilitation: Anne-Laure Prévost
How bumpy is the road to achieving a first satisfying action with a partner ? What necessary steps are we already aware of ? What tools can help us move towards more successful and sustainable partnerships ?
Let's explore collectively and share around what our organizations already put in place to address such questions !
Facilitation: Nicole Ebber
Together with the WMCON facilitators Anna Lena and Andreas, Nicole and Cornelius discussed and evaluated the last Wikimedia Conference.
In this space, Nicole will present an idea how to continue with the conference and gather input about it to further improve it.
|16:00||Space available||Space available|
|17:00||Concluding words by Cornelius|