Submissions/WikiMiniAtlas - the interactive world map for Wikipedia
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2015.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- WikiMiniAtlas - the interactive world map for Wikipedia
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Daniel Schwen
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
The social aspects of the project, such as experiences with i18n, and various third-party projects supplying data for the map such as OpenStreetMap, WIWOSM, and collaborative geo data extraction efforts will be presented. Lastly I will give an outlook on the new directions the development of this gadget may be taking, such as client side label collision suppression, and new map projections.
- Technology, Interface & Infrastructure
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
To give you an idea of how the talk will look, I'm linking to my 2012 presentation slides. Of course this presentation will be completely new if the proposal gets accepted. '
Navigate through the talk using your cursor keys. The presentation requires a modern browser such as Firefox or Chrome.
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).