After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2015 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this July.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Doc James (James Heilman)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wiki Project Med Foundation
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
We will begin by reviewing the TOU regarding undisclosed paid editing. This will be followed by a debate with panelist expected to touch on:
- Who if anyone should enforce them?
- How should detection and enforcement occur?
- Recent paid editing issues
- Arbcom’s stance on undisclosed paid editing
- Freelance account takedowns by Fiverr and Odesk
- Harassment and Outing policy
- Future enforcement opportunities and challenges
Jimmy Wales (has agreed to a 5 to 10 min introduction)
James Heilman, President of Wiki Project Med Foundation (10 min overview of stance)
Stephen Laporte, Legal Counsel at Wikimedia Foundation (10 min overview of position)
A member of En Wikipedia Arbcom (10 min overview of position)
All panelists 25 minutes of discussion and questions from the audience
- WikiCulture & Community
- Legal & Free Culture
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 60 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Can we have an undeclared paid advocate on the panel with a bag over their head for anonymity? Blue Rasberry (talk) 01:03, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
- Definitely; I'm about to close ArbCom's ARCA request on this :P --L235 (talk) enwiki 21:39, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
- GeorgeLouis (talk) 22:09, 14 March 2015 (UTC)
- I don't think I'll be putting up the funding to fly to Mexico City, but I support the topic of the panel and would be happy to discuss it without a bag over my head, were I attending. CorporateM (talk) 15:02, 30 March 2015 (UTC)
- Add your username here.