Submissions/Supersize Me! - Growth Hacking for Developing Wiki Groups
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2015.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Supersize Me! - Growth Hacking for Developing Wiki Groups
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Presentation & Workshop
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Chile Commission for Community and Communication, Founder/Organizer of Wiki Force Chile (http://www.meetup.com/Wiki-Force-Chile), consultant for Ajumah.com
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- (Can be presented in English or Spanish) In today's culture of Daft Punk's "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" how do we improve a Chapter, version 2.0, to take advantage of what's *actively* happening in communities to grow in participants, members and impact. A fairly widespread technique from the business world, called "Growth Hacking" is just the answer we need- using "creativity, analytical thinking, and social metrics to gain exposure." In English, :D , focusing on low-cost or free solutions that create high-impact growth in traffic, exposure and participation. Everyone knows how to "bootstrap," or create under tight economic conditions, whether as a student, employee, freelancer, or volunteer. By tapping into local channels or outlets, like regional-based social media, co-working offices, community centers, and the tech that just about everyone owns (smart phone, computer, tablet, T.V.) you can harness the power of "Growth Hacking" to maximize your chapter and its projects! We will invite the participants to give feedback, local examples (regional) during the presentation, and in one moment break off in small groups to brainstorm answers to a Growth Hack challenge, incorporating the resources of different countries for small prizes.
- WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Yes (but it depends on the approval of my scholarship application.)
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
T.V. or Projector to show presentation
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).