Submissions/Observed Editing Patterns
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2015 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this July.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
Observed Edit Patterns in the wild.
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Jeph paul
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
How often do editors edit? Do they stick to a few articles or do they edit all over the place? These are some of the questions that interest us & we want to try to answer. We will be exploring.
- How do most editors fare (editing few articles vs a large random set of articles)
- Do editors take a sabbatical and come back? Do they leave for good?
- Do editors run out of topics to edit?
- Should we be building tools to help editors find the content they can contribute to?
- Are we running out of topics for a casual editor?
We wish to show what we can learn from answering the questions listed above.
- WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).