Submissions/MediaWiki Stakeholders' Meetup
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2015.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- MediaWiki Stakeholders' Meetup
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Markus Glaser (mw:User:Mglaser), Chris Koerner (mw:User:Ckoerner)
- E-mail address
- wikimediamarkus-glaser.de, nobelxgmail.com
- Mglaser, Ckoerner
- Country of origin
- Germany, United States
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- MediaWiki Stakeholders' Group
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
We are MediaWiki developers, admins, users, consultants, and hosting providers who cooperate in order to improve the software and advocate the needs of MediaWiki users outside the Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) and its projects. This includes communication and coordination among MediaWiki users, coordination between different groups of MediaWiki developers and operators, fostering the ecosystem around MediaWiki, facilitating the implementation of MediaWiki features, improving documentation of extensions and MediaWiki visibility, and contributing to the development of MediaWiki.
In this meetup, we will give a short overview of what we did so far and discuss our future actions. How can we best represent the interests of 3rd party users of MediaWiki? Come talk to us, work with us and join us at this meeting!
- WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).