Jump to navigation Jump to search
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2015 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this July.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Keeping Wiki #1 : encouraging accurate, diverse and tolerant Wiki editing
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- workshop / presentation / discussion or hot seat
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- several but not relevant to this
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- this proposed topic is open to discussion, presentation, workshop or any other appropriate and effective venue at the 2015 Wiki. Perhaps an open discussion or panel would be best. Wikipedia is used by all because the information is readily available, helpful and usually accurate since it is supplied by many who know what they are talking about and who are often experts in the particular topic area. However, activists often tamper in a hostile and intolerant manner with edits that they have no competence to judge or edit and this destroys accuracy and often many hours of careful work. To the extent that we cannot limit this damage, Wiki's accuracy and usefulness is diminished and eventually, users will find an alternate source for information
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- startarrantStartarrant (talk) 22:21, 19 January 2015 (UTC) Add your username here.