Submissions/Introduction to medical content in Wikimedia projects
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2015 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this July.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Introduction to medical content in Wikimedia projects
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Lane Rasberry
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- multiple, including United States
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- multiple, including en:Consumer Reports
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Health information on Wikipedia continues to be among the most popular content in many language Wikipedias and health projects continue to be among the most frequently proposed in the Wikimedia community. This panel presents multiple people who have health-related projects in any language of any Wikimedia project, and gives an overview for the general Wikimedia community beyond just those who are usually interested in health articles.
The panel composition will be as follows:
- High priority - people who do health and have never attended Wikimania before, people who are not from Western world, people who are not yet certain to attend Wikimania, anyone who proposed a health talk which was not selected
- Medium priorty - people who have attended Wikimania in the past, people who are good speakers but who have talked in past years
- GLAM Outreach
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Doc James (talk) 10:20, 11 February 2015 (UTC)
- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 01:44, 15 February 2015 (UTC)
- Mrjohncummings (talk) 05:01, 16 February 2015 (UTC)
- I'd be interested in giving a quick overview of what we've been doing with NIOSH if that's of interest, as well. Emily Temple-Wood (NIOSH) (talk) 00:48, 17 February 2015 (UTC)
- Ocaasi (talk) 13:34, 19 February 2015 (UTC)
- Salubrious Toxin (talk) 15:13, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
- Add your username here.