Submissions/Erasmus+ (opportunities for funding)
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2015 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this July.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
Erasmus+ (opportunities for funding)
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
"Wikimedians of Bulgaria" User Group
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Erasmus+ is new EU programme for education, training, youth and sport that replaced the Lifelong Learning Programme (Leonardo, Comenius, Grundtvig, Erasmus and Jean Monnet actions), Youth in Action and five other international programmes. The programme started from 2014. This programme is focusing on formal and informal learning across EU borders to improve the skills and employability of students, educators and workers. It is reflect the priorities of the Europe 2020 strategy and its flagship initiatives.
In the first part the presentation I will cover information about: Key Action 2: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices Strategic Partnerships in the field of education, training and youth Like:
• What are the different possibilities
• Which countries can participate in the different options
• What kind of organization you need for applying for the program
• Guide lines about the main documentation, suggestion how to write them and where to focus more and why is important
• Do you need extra accounting services
• With what to be careful
• What Erasmus Plus can cover for the participants in the project
• What Erasmus Plus can cover for the organization
• Can you get support for buying technical equipments and what kind of equipment are okey
• Is there any specific requerments about ages
• Official languages that you can use and recommendation about how to choose the language of the application.
• Opportunities for EVS
• Differences between long and short term EVS
• Suggestion what volunteer can do during his/her EVS.
In the second part of the presentation I will share more from my personal experience with Erasmus Plus, with other NGOs in Bulgaria other EU countries. I will give some suggestion how I imagine for example ’ Youth in Action’ project organized by Wikimedia chapter. Logistic problems and how to be avoided in advance.
As we all believe Wikipedia belongs to education. Erasmus+ is an opportunity for chapters or user groups with formal organization to attract young people with funding from the European Union. The chapters can apply for projects to educate new young people in the Wikipedian principles, free knowledge and free licenses. Another thing that is possible if the project is only between Wikipedia organizations chapters and user groups they can make a wikicamp, a cross-border collaboration, a wiki expedition or a regional wiki conference. Another thing is that with doing Erasmus+ projects you can have a ‘technical support’ for buying different devices like laptops, projectors etc.
I am estimating the presentation to be not longer than 20 minutes, so I will have time answering questions.
- Education Outreach
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- ;Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
Yes, in case that I am awarded a travel scholarship.
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
To use my computer during the presentation.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- AKoval (WMF) (talk) 19:23, 28 February 2015 (UTC)
- Add your username here.