Submissions/Concursos y premios en Wikipedia en español
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2015 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this July.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Concursos y premios en Wikipedia en español
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Santiago Navarro user:Millars
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia España, Wikimedia México, Wikimedia Venezuela
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Contests, challenges and different prizes are an usual way to motivate editors to improve Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects. In Spanish Wikipedia several contests have been developed in the last ten years with different purposes and success. I organize, was part of the jury of participate in many of them (Wikireto, Wikiolimpiadas, Wikiconcurso, Torneo de Wikificar, etc.) and they were a very good way to introduce myself to the community and learn from other wikipedians. We want to do a historical review of these activities in Spanish Wikipedia, and how they changed. New contest have been created, some of them with a very concrete purpose, and some of them with only one edition. Why?
We want to analyze their impact, weakness and strength, motivations, how they had been run and of course, how could we revitalize them to get new articles, new quality content, improve atmosphere and make easier the integration of newbies. In last years, very few contests have been run in Spanish Wikipedia, but new ones started in a multilingual way, mainly in Meta and following the KISS model. We want to compare this model with the traditional one developed in Spanish Wikipedia.
Before Wikilove, many users gave their own barnstars or other prizes to other users because their good work in the project. We want to show this also as a way to improve atmosphere.
We want also to have a discussion during the session.
Wikimedia Projects in the Spanish speaking countries
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
Yes (if my application for scholarship is accepted)
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- petrohs (gracias) 01:35, 22 February 2015 (UTC)
- Correogsk or Gustavo (Editrocito or Heme aquí) 00:19, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
- Wotancito (talk) 06:56, 1 March 2015 (UTC)