Submissions/Wikipedia en la Universidad de Chile: Interdisciplina, investigación y diversidad.
This has been marked as a Withdrawn submission for Wikimania 2015 because it has been withdrawn by its submitter. The submitter is invited to consider trying again next year.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Wikipedia in University of Chile: Interdiscipline, Research and Diversity
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Martín Pérez Comisso (Mapc.088)
- E-mail address
- mapc.088gmail.com and mapc.088gmail.com.
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Universidad de Chile
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
University of Chile is the most ancient higher education institution in Chile, with aproximatly 30000 undergrad students, and 67 careers, the use and valoration of Wikipedia is below of the average in others universities. With the comparision between enciclopedy in the past (Diderot) and towards, we use Wikipedia to deepen ideas and learnings in different courses. This work describe four courses about Sciences and Technology topics (STS discipline) for 4 diferents faculties (Science, Chemical Science, Architecture and Urbanism and Economy and Bussiness), where we used Wikipedia as an strategy for develop research and deep learning in academic topics by creation of new articles in Spanish language.
This strategy as been validated in differents context (general and proffesional courses) producing more than 50 articles in 3 years, for various working profiles, with a equivalent proportion in gender and sociocultural capital. Glocal knowlege is recovery by the students in this experience, obtains improves in research capability, writting and Tic's competences. The motivation, difficulties, didactic and evaluation (rubric) strategy in this work are the focus in this presentation as an application to Wikipedia in Higher Education in Latin America institutions. The mayor learnings is about the empowerment in new language (wikisintaxis), new relationship with the technology (as producers) and the knowledge (as researchers and users in free culture) are lines in conclusions.
- Wikimedia Projects in the Spanish speaking countries
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- No :(
- Slides or further information (optional)
- A previuos work was presented in 4S conference (Buenos Aires, Argentina) in August 2014.
- Special requests
- I want to present on Saturday or Sunday
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).