Submissions/Wikipedia Education Program in Greece
Jump to navigation Jump to search
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2015 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this July.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Wikipedia Education Program in Greece
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Marios Magioladitis
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Ionian University / Second Chance School of Corfu
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Wikimedia Education Programmes are primarily geared to the needs of primary, secondary and tertiary schooling. We present recent school projects involving Wikipedia as they were organised in Greece. Moreover, we present results of evaluating Wikipedia as an educational tool in Adult Education in Greece. We try to summarise all the effort done by Greek educators, give ideas and future plans: We summarise our experience of using Wikipedia in education process the last few years. We show examples of articles created. We also give, based on surveys distributed in Second Chance School and Kastelani Middle High School of Corfu, Greek students' opinion (including adults who have not finished basic education) about Wikipedia and how likely to continue using it. The talk will also give an overview of similar conference talks, in local an international level, given in Conference on Informatics in Education (Corfu), Good practices and innovation in Secondary Education (Athens), 9th Panhellenic Conference on Informatics (Kastoria).
The research on students' opinion about the Wikimedia Education Program is an on-going project with the collaboration of educator Kostas Skiadopoulos et al.
- Education Outreach
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Not ready yet.
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Moheen Reeyad (talk) 16:52, 15 February 2015 (UTC)
- FKoudijs (WMF) (talk) 05:04, 24 February 2015 (UTC)
- AKoval (WMF) (talk) 13:32, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
- --SusikMkr (talk) 18:04, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
- Add your username here.