Submissions/Tour of the education extension
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2015 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this July.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Tour of the education extension
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Lane Rasberry
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- United States
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- en:Consumer Reports
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- There is a Wikimedia Education Program which seeks to invite students and instructors to contribute to Wikimedia projects during their classes. In English Wikipedia Volunteer support tools associated with managing instances of this program include the software described at mw:Extension:Education Program and, and the social structure which recommends best practices for using this software.
Previously the Wikimedia Education Program or the Wiki Education Foundation in the United States had partial control of how this software was used. By the end of 2014, they ceased any claim of organizational oversight of these tools, leaving their management to the community.
What will the future of this software be? This presentation includes the following:
- A tour of the software
- A description of how it is used in the education program
- A review of cases in which it is used outside the education program, particularly at local meetups
- Guidance on using the tools
- News about expected development of the software
- Education Outreach
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Sage (Wiki Ed) (talk) 14:00, 3 February 2015 (UTC)
- Elitre (WMF) (talk) 14:05, 3 February 2015 (UTC)
- AKoval (WMF) (talk) 15:34, 3 February 2015 (UTC)
- -Another Believer (talk) 18:39, 9 February 2015 (UTC)
- --Thelmadatter (talk) 18:49, 9 February 2015 (UTC)
- Mrjohncummings (talk) 05:00, 16 February 2015 (UTC)
- FKoudijs (WMF) (talk) 05:02, 24 February 2015 (UTC)
- Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 19:00, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
- --L235 (talk) enwiki 00:01, 2 March 2015 (UTC)
- --Selsharbaty (WMF) (talk) 16:46, 8 March 2015 (UTC)
- Add your username here.