Submissions/The years in pictures - photo projects in Germany 2012 - 2015
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2015 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this July.
- Submission no.
- The years in pictures - photo projects in Germany 2012 - 2015
- Marcus Cyron (real and Wikimedia name)
- Marcus Cyron
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Since some years, the photographers of the german speaking comunity are very active. And it seems to be a characteristic for germans to bring such things in ordered structures, what happens in particular since 2012, very often with support of Wikimedia Deutschland. Never before these structures worked that good as in 2014. German Wikipediand participated at actions as
- Wiki Loves Monuments
- Wiki Loves Earth
but also there were other structures as
- Festivalsommer (Festival summer)
- Wiki oves Parliaments (in regional german parliaments but also at the national "Bundestag" and as an international project at the European parliament in Strasbourg)
- Photographing at the German Bundestag Election in 2014
- a lot of smaller, but not minor projects, so for example "Wiki loves Cheese Cologne" or as part of projects as "GLAM on tour". There are spottive events, archaeological photo tours and so on.
At the end I would like to share our experiences with those Wikimedians, who maybe still not thought about, what all is possible with the Name "Wikipedia" behind us.
- GLAM Outreach
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- depends on a scholarshop, not a submission
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).