Submissions/OpenGLAM Benchmark Survey - First Results
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2015.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- OpenGLAM Benchmark Survey - First Results
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Bern University of Applied Sciences, E-Government Institute
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
The OpenGLAM Benchmark Survey, is an online survey that is conducted among heritage institutions throughout the world. The purpose of the survey is to measure the state of advancement in OpenGLAM in the various countries (digitization, inter-organisational cooperation involving the exchange of metadata, open data, crowdsourcing, linked data), and to identify the main challenges and obstacles with regard to the promotion of open cultural data and free access to knowledge.
In addition, the international benchmark survey provides international comparisons, allowing each country to see where it stands compared to other countries.
Thus, the survey provides the international OpenGLAM community and the GLAM-Wiki community with a tool that helps their members to better understand the particularities of each country, to put insights gained in a country into a broader perspective, and to better adapt strategies and best practices to the specific situation of each country.
At the Wikimania session, we will present and discuss the results from the first set of countries surveyed (as of February 2015, the data is available for Poland and Finland; further countries will follow during the first half of 2015). The main focus of the presentation is on the insights gained with regard to the Wikipedia/Wikimedia community's GLAM outreach activities.
More information about the survey is available on the project's webpage.
- GLAM Outreach
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- most likely not
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Slides on Slideshare
- Etherpad for notes, feedback, discussion points...
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).