Submissions/Main principles of organizing Youth Wiki Camps and their impact on Wiki movement, education and contribution
This is an accepted submission for Wikimania 2015.
- Submission no.
- Main principles of organizing Youth Wiki Camps and their impact on Wiki movement, education and contribution.
- presentation (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Susanna Mkrtchyan, SusikMkr
- Wikimedia Armenia
Wikimedia Armenia has organized three wiki camps in 2014-2015: 2 terms of Summer Wiki Camps and a Winter Wiki camp. All camps were successful in wiki contribution, moreover, most of campers continue editing since that time and dream to attend future camps. How to organize a Wiki Camp, which are the main principles in preparing Wiki Camp and what challenges you have to face and solve during the camp, where is the line between the obligations and pleasures of campers. How to escape conflicts between campers, how to manage the problems of intellectual and age difference. How to maintain wiki activities of campers between two camps and after. What impact the camps have on the Armenian Wikipedia Education Program and how it helps to increase the reach of wiki projects in the region. (at least 300 words to describe your proposal):
- Education Outreach
- 30 minutes (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Slides and video
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- AKoval (WMF) (talk) 18:41, 28 February 2015 (UTC)
- --Selsharbaty (WMF) (talk) 11:06, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
- Magioladitis (talk) 12:12, 2 March 2015 (UTC)
- Ocaasi (talk) 23:36, 4 March 2015 (UTC)
- FKoudijs (WMF) (talk) 23:02, 12 March 2015 (UTC)
- Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 13:01, 14 June 2015 (UTC)
- Sebastian Wallroth (talk) 10:08, 1 July 2015 (UTC)
- --Ziko (talk) 13:48, 8 July 2015 (UTC)
- --Melina Masnatta (WMAR) (talk) 09:37, 14 July 2015 (UTC)
- --Ліонкінг (talk) 06:36, 17 July 2015 (UTC)