Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also: Lyon Hackathon 2015 Buddies
Let's use this page to organize Hackathon Buddies in Mexico city.
Looking for a buddy
- Krenair (talk) 19:41, 24 February 2015 (UTC) - planning to work on cleaning up site config requests and related things - phabricator:T90468. Need someone who is not a Foundation staff member or contractor.
- Kaldari (talk) - Wikidata, GLAM, bots, mobile.
- Dan Garry (Deskana (WMF) / Deskana) - If you're interested mobile apps, search, or product management, I'm your man!
- SSastry (WMF) - Parsoid, wiki-linting, wikitext parsing.
- Gergő Tisza (Tgr (WMF)) - interested in most things that are PHP, JS, Python or Vagrant related; the area I have the most experience with is multimedia.
- User:Mattflaschen-WMF - Work mostly on Flow, but also in Echo, GuidedTour, core, Tool Labs, and gadgets. I'll consider pretty much any project idea.
- Rberchie just a newbie
- User:Bmansurov_(WMF) (User talk:Bmansurov_(WMF)) - Wiki + GNOME, machine translation, JS, Python, Vala.
- Bryan Davis (talk) Interested in converting MediaWiki logging to direct use of PSR-3 but also willing to hear pitches on alternate projects involving logging, authentication, deployment tooling, or MediaWiki-Vagrant.
- Frances Hocutt (WMF) - Community tech. Interested in extensions, bots, the MW API, tools that need attention. Python, getting up to speed on PHP + SQL.
- User:Sage (Wiki Ed). I'll be hacking on assorted aspects of the Wiki Ed course system, an OAuth-based app which is built mainly with Ruby and coffeescript-flavored React.
- KHammerstein (WMF) (talk) 05:25, 15 July 2015 (UTC) - designer working on mobile web and apps. Also interested in citation data!
- Econterms (talk) 12:43, 15 July 2015 (UTC) - new to Wikimedia development, interested in learning Phabricator, doing QA tasks, anything related to Wikisource, semantic Mediawiki, simple back end operations
- Beat Estermann (talk) 13:56, 15 July 2015 (UTC) - I need someone to show me how to use the Pywikibot framework to write data from a spreadsheet to Wikidata, to generate maintenance pages showing the differences of data in Wikidata and in Wikipedia (e.g. lists), and to harvest data from Wikipedia lists into a spreadsheet. Thematic focus: historical monuments and heritage institutions.
Buddies not yet confirmed
Work-in-progress, some details (i.e. travel plans) still might need to be confirmed.
- Harej & Legoktm
- User:Pginer-WMF - Can provide design help for your hackathon project & Satdeep Gill - I only know a bit of HTML and CSS but i can help you in translation. I have used AWB. I would like to improve some templates as well.
- Thiemo Mättig (WMDE) - Experienced software developer and code review monkey in the Wikidata project. Would like to help speeding up a fun project. Would pick up mass editing Wikidata via PyWikiBot as my personal hackathon project & Viswaprabha (talk) - Wikidata, Incorporating Globally updateable 'stem data' into Wikitemplates.
- C. Scott Ananian (WMF) - Real time collaboration, Offline content (PDF, Kiwix, ZIM, ePub), "PHP thumbnailing as a service", new ideas for templating, Parsoid, wiki-linting & RashiqAhmad - Offline content (Kiwix); Hit me up if you want to work on the Kiwix for Android app.
- Dsvyas (talk) - Templates, local calenders, bot scripts & User:Ladsgroup - Pywikibot, Wikidata, AI Ladsgroup (talk) 12:23, 1 July 2015 (UTC)
- --Ilya (talk) 23:49, 22 May 2015 (UTC) - writing MediaWiki bot framework in Scala. Backends - MW API, Sql Database, Xml dumps & Braveheart (talk) 17:57, 28 May 2015 (UTC) - cool queries with Quarry
- Taweetham (talk) (WMTH user group). I have been working on photo contests and other activities of the Thai movement. I do programming offline (e.g. c, Fortran) but I am rather naive with online tools & Pierre-Selim
- RolandoRamez - Newbie & Joaquin Oltra Hernandez (User:JHernandez (WMF)) - All things JS (react, d3, clojurescript) mobile web developer. Hablo español! Interested in contributor friendly projects (T91633)~~~~
- Milimetric (WMF) (talk) 14:56, 11 May 2015 (UTC) - JS (Knockout, React), Vega, Graph extension, Analytics pipelines & Monica + 1
Hi buddies, see you in Mexico City!
- Andre Klapper + Birgit Müller (WMDE)
- Rachel Farrand and Simone Sala
- Quiddity (WMF) - Community Liaison (working primarily with Flow and Echo products), happy to work with anyone on communication and collaboration issues. & Jens Ohlig (WMDE) (talk) 13:58, 8 July 2015 (UTC) Communication, outreach, Open Source community. But we can also talk about Lua and Wikidata, if you prefer :)
- Minh Nguyễn – project portal designs and automation, jquery.ime improvements, or integrating Wikidata into OpenStreetMap's iD editor & Lydia Pintscher (WMDE) - product manager for Wikidata; there to help with all things Wikidata
- Siebrand Mazeland Looking for a buddy to work on translatewiki.net/i18n/L10n related projects to improve Wikimedia's i18n/L10n. & Zhou Zhou (WMF) - Interested especially in International, Translation, and Reading issues. Knowledge of PHP+SQL+JS.
- Jan Zerebecki - Continuous Integration, Jenkins Job Builder, Zuul, composer, Deployment, Wikidata & Željko Filipin - Ruby, Selenium, Cucumber, continuos integration, Jenkins, Jenkins Job builder, testing (desktop and mobile browsers, mobile apps), beer...
- Peter Hedenskog - I'm into web performance, Docker and Continuous Integration & Timo Tijhof
- Jarekt + Ladsgroup. Tools for reducing number of files in c:Category:Media_missing_infobox_template as part of meta:File metadata cleanup drive. (Thursday only)
- EpochFail(halfak) + Evelyn HG + Kenrick95 + User:とある白い猫-- revscoring and wiki labels development and translation.
- Nikerabbit (talk) - Translation tools and services. More about myself here & Yetla
- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 23:10, 24 February 2015 (UTC) - I'd like to see if we can get the 1-click spam button back into the WMF's OTRS installation. Knowledge of Perl is needed. Non-WMF employees or contractors only, please & Janet Swisher - I'm the community manager for Mozilla Developer Network (which is not a MW, sorry). I'm here to meet people and share strategies for helping people contribute and collaborate.
- Kenrick95 - Indonesian Wikipedia administrator; first time joining Wikimedia hackathon; knowledgeable on JS and PHP. & Aaron Halfaker