LangSwitch, Autotranslate and friends rely on the subpages of MediaWiki:Lang like MediaWiki:Lang/it. You have to import all subpages of MediaWiki:Lang from Commons, or to create them by bot (each subpage has its subpagename as content). --Nemo bis (talk) 20:14, 25 March 2015 (UTC)
- Hello Nemo bis, thank you very much for your quick answer! I'll import the pages. Kind regards, --Brackenheim (talk) 20:17, 25 March 2015 (UTC)
- Done. Thank you for the translations. Kind regards, --Brackenheim (talk) 21:27, 21 April 2015 (UTC)
error while saving translation
Hi, I'm doing a translation but to save the change, the error is generated
Could not save the translation: Unknown error: "TPT-unknown-page"
I'll know where to report it.
Thanks. petrohs (gracias) 17:37, 18 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hello PetrohsW, sometimes one reason for that error is a bad internet connection to the server. Did you try it at different times? Wehen I had such a problem, that sometimes has helped me. Kind regards, --Brackenheim (talk) 17:08, 19 May 2015 (UTC)
I noticed that you removed the text i saved for reference purposed to the talkpage on Talk:Discussion room. You didn't include any reason why you reverted this move, and I don't see an alternative location where you think it is more suitable - for all I can see right now, you simply deleted the text. I was also unable to find a comment on the talkpage. Therefore, I'll go assume it was a mistake on your part, and that you clicked the 'revert' button a little too easily (I undid your revert). If you have specific reasons why you think another location is better, that's fine of course. but please leave a trace and add a comment. I hope you'll join one of the Discussion Room sessions! Effeietsanders (talk) 12:41, 5 July 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Effeietsanders, your edit seemed to me to be just a copy of the page. You even copied the <translate>-tags, so the page was marked for translation and was listed on Special:PageTranslation. So I reverted your edit to tidy up this special-page. I'll remove the <translate>-tags, then the text would be ok on the talk page. Kind regards, --Brackenheim (talk) 10:22, 6 July 2015 (UTC)
- It was indeed a move of the page content, so that the page could reflect newer stuff. To be honest, I always get lost with the way the translations work - they are not quite userfriendly to understand :) But of course, the tags are not needed in the archive per se, so this solution could work. Thanks! Effeietsanders (talk) 22:23, 6 July 2015 (UTC)
Hi, there is some unnecessary protection here and some edits needed (as reported on the talk page). Can you help by removing protection or making the edits? Thanks, Nemo bis (talk) 12:28, 18 July 2015 (UTC)