Submissions/How to interest people in contributing to Wikimedia?
After careful consideration, the Programme Committee has decided not to accept the below submission at this time. Thank you to the author(s) for participating in the Wikimania 2015 programme submission, we hope to still see you at Wikimania this July.
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- How to interest people in contributing to Wikimedia?
- Type of submission (discussion, hot seat, panel, presentation, tutorial, workshop)
- Author of the submission
- Bekhruzbek Ochilov
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Republic of Uzbekistan
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (at least 300 words to describe your proposal)
Wikipedia is the 5th most popular website. But it is free and without any advertisments. So, it is hosted by unprofitable organization Wikimedia Foundation. So, how it is working? Its core force in volunteering. It depends on those who are only interested of sharing their knowledge with others, which is the main idea of all Wikimedia projects.
Instead of this, now we don't have enough people to contribute. There are many unwritten articles and their number is growing. So, we need more volunteers.
How can we recruit more people? This is what our presentation is about. I will share my thoughts on ways to get people interested in contributing to Wikimedia projects and study some techniques and methods.
- WikiCulture & Community
- Length of session (if other than 30 minutes, specify how long)
- 30 minutes
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- depends on scholarship
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Coming soon
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).